- RDT proprietary formulation (RDMx mixture), and a first mover competitive advantage in the global markets offer extensive immediate and long-term financial benefits for brands. QuickStrip™ delivery system can be deployed as a device instead of a drug to limit the time and cost of bringing new products to market or extending lines within an existing approved API.
- The RDT proprietary formulation (RDMx mixture) once combined with the active molecule and blended into a homogenous composition, is processed using RDT production equipment and processes into RDMx² or RDMx³ according to the specifications of the product being delivered.
- QuickStrip™ contains the active molecule embedded in the delivery matrix. The strip can be formed into any shape, but for simplicity is often produced as rectangles for easy packaging and handling.
- QuickStrip™ is the final form that will be taken by the consumer or patient. By placing the strip under the tongue, inside the cheek, or directly on the tongue and allowing it to dissolve for a few seconds, the active molecule is released from the strip and rapidly delivered across the tissue into the blood stream.
- QuickStrip™ is designed to provide rapid delivery for faster clinical effect and symptom relief.
- A recognized solution for patients that cannot swallow pills or who require immediate drug delivery, QuickStrip™ delivers drugs to the blood stream through the oral mucosa to mitigate side effects by lowering the dose or changing the route of delivery.
- A proven drug delivery system that can replace the use of injectable drugs while still providing precision dosing for drugs that need careful titration.
- Companies can combine multiple actives in one dose for combination products and create variable rapid dosing solutions based on the needs of the patient.
- Easy to use, store, and transport with a long shelf life due to the child resistant environmental barrier packaging, QuickStrip™ offers consumers and patients an alternative method to take their medication.
- QuickStrip™ simplifies drug delivery process for patients with minor to severe challenges with swallowing. Given the number of drugs the elderly are prescribed, the QuickStrip™ system can decrease the burden associated with treatment.
- Elderly patients are inherently predisposed to dysphagia predominately because of comorbid health conditions.
- With the aging of the population globally, along with the increased prevalence of obesity and gastroesophageal reflux disease, healthcare providers will increasingly encounter older patients with either oropharyngeal or esophageal disease and complaints of dysphagia.
- QuickStrip™ delivery system brings science to the patient in a safe and easy to use format.
- QuickStrip™ system delivers a quantity of drug directly to the blood stream instead of only through the gastrointestinal tract.
- Although clinical dysphagia may not be present even small pills may not be well received by young patients or may be contraindicated due to the risk of choking.
- Liquid delivery options do exist, but in the pediatric patient is prone to vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are common in children, and are usually part of a mild, short-lived illness, frequently caused by a viral infection.
- It can be hard to tell if an infant is spitting up or vomiting because some infants reflux forcefully or in large amounts. When delivering therapeutic doses of a drug to a young patient, it is important to know how much they are getting and how much they are retaining.
- QuickStrip™ delivers medication to children in a safe and easy to use format for both the young patient and the caregiver.
- Dysphagia and other challenges with swallowing are a constant concern in neurological conditions.
- RDT delivery systems like QuickStrip™ offer patients a tremendous benefit for delivering critical medication without the need for pills or injections.
- Soluble APIs that could benefit from a direct delivery channel that bypasses first pass metabolism are excellent candidates for the RDT delivery systems.
- Clinical studies have clearly indicated that QuickStrip™ is an alternative to injections or intravenous delivery. Lower doses, faster delivery, and reliable pharmacokinetics are the key goals for RDT delivery systems.
Ease of Use
- QuickStrip™ simplifies drug delivery process for patients with minor to severe challenges with swallowing. Ideal for paediatrics and the elderly where this is a concern for injection and swallowing.
- Given the number of drugs the elderly are prescribed, the QuickStrip™ system can decrease the burden associated with treatment.
- RDT’s oral fast-dissolving strip drug delivery system, QuickStrip™ — rapidly releases an expansive list of pharmaceuticals, emulsified oils, and a host of over-the-counter medicines.
- This permits API’s to enter the blood stream through a rapid dose pathway without being degraded or modified by first pass metabolism in the liver.
- Pill phobia is a very real concern for many patients. Dosing options that permit patients to improve their drug delivery lead to improved patient outcomes.